Getting antsy to start writing again. That’s a good sign but also sort of terrifying. There’s always the fear that the next time won’t work out. Next time the words won’t come. Gotta ignore that and start writing. Take action. Action forces prioritization. If you’re in action, you need to make choices like putting one word after another.
Ok, let’s get to it.
Here are 3 crime fiction links, 2 quotes, and 1 question for this week:
- CrimeReads tries to rank the top 100 Sherlock Holmes portrayals on screen (big and small). Can’t really accuse of them of recency bias in the top 10. Gotta admit I do like Cumberbatch’s take. Just the right amount of aloof, annoying, arrogant, and crazy.
- Speaking of the man, Benedict Cumberbatch will continue to try to do all the spy-conspiracy movies himself agreeing to star in an updated limited series remake of 39 STEPS for Netflix. This will mark the fifth time 39 STEPS will be adapted.
- If you’re in the mood for some graphic novel Baker Street, Book Riot highlights “five wildly different Sherlock Holmes comics that should suit just about every taste”
Two from Sherlock Holmes this week:
- “You have a grand gift for silence, Watson. It makes you quite invaluable as a companion.”
- “Crime is common. Logic is rare.”
- Do you have a favorite Holmes?
Until next Thursday, happy reading,
Author the Max Strong thriller series