Not a lot to say this week other than I hope wherever you are, you are staying safe and healthy. And have a nice big pile of books to read. It’s therapeutic.
Let’s get to it, here’s the most crime fiction news per word on the web.
Here are 3 crime fiction links, 2 quotes, and 1 question for this week:
- Lots of Don Winslow stories and interviews this week as he’s back in print with a six story collection. He talks BROKEN with the LATs, what’s changed about his days now, revisiting past characters, working with Oliver Stone, and where in development purgatory some of this work is currently at.
- Speaking of esteemed crime writers, at CrimeReads, Donna Leon talks opera, Italian policing, Venice tourists, and her favorite book in the series.
- If you only think Detroit with Elmore Leonard, don’t sleep on his Florida novels. In the 80s, Dutch was able to beat writer’s block and get his mojo back in the sunshine state.
Quotes from Elmore Leonard books this week:
- ““I always felt, you don’t have a good time doing crime, you may as well find a job.” ” ― Raylan
- ““You look back,’ Max said, ‘you can’t believe that much time went by. You look ahead and you think, shit, if it goes that fast I better do something with it”― Rum Punch
- With all this quarantine time there is no excuse to keep putting of that one book or series that you’ve been meaning to read. What classic mystery book or series has been sitting on your TBR pile the longest?
Until next Thursday, happy reading,
Author the Max Strong thriller series