I’m in the string gathering phase for the new book. I don’t like to overly research but I like brainstorming and lightly outlining. Thoughtful activity that will hopefully make the eventual writing easier. Don’t rush but don’t wait.
Ok, let’s get to it.
Here are 3 crime fiction links, 2 quotes, and 1 question for this week:
- I just blew through two of Penny’s Gamache novels on audio in a couple weeks. I’ve only read one Gamache book in print, STILL LIFE, the first one. The rest, I’ve consumed on audio. Something about her style and the narrator just makes it work for me on audio. Book Riot has 7 more mystery and thriller picks on audio. I read BLACKTOP but bet it translates to audio really well.
- As a lifelong Boston resident, I’m looking forward to watching this. The new four-part Netflix documentary on the Isabella Stewart Gardner heist premiered this week.
- read that had me nodding along throughout as it echoed a lot of my thoughts during quarantine reading. The Defector on spending the quarantine giving in and reading 24 of the Reacher books.
Two from Child’s Jack Reacher this week:
- “I’m not a vagrant. I’m a hobo. Big difference.””
- “I have to warn you. I promised my mother, a long time ago. She said I had to give folks a chance to walk away.”
- Is there a certain author series that you only listen to on audio?
Until next Thursday, happy reading,
Author the Max Strong thriller series