Week four of these strange times. I hope wherever you are that you are staying safe, staying healthy, and finding some time away from the news to read some good books.
It’s another Thursday, so let’s get to it, here’s the most crime fiction news per word on the web.
Here are 3 crime fiction links, 2 quotes, and 1 question for this week:
It’s mystery and thriller week over at Good Reads. Love it or hate it, it’s one of the bigger sites for readers on the web.
- Here are the most popular (according to GR) mysteries and thrillers published in the past five years. I’ve read 16. How many have you read?
- I think tropes often get a bad rap. They are a good signal or shorthand for certain types of genre stories and provide context and structure. What is your favorite mystery trope?
- If you liked a recent pop culture TV or movie, maybe try these books.
Mystery quotes this week:
- “It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed.” ―
- “Mysteries abound where most we seek for answers.”― RAY BRADBURY, When Elephants Last in the Dooryard Bloomed
- I’m currently reading Deaver’s THE NOWHERE GAME and enjoying it. It’s somehow my first Deaver book. Just an author that I never picked up for no real reason. What bestselling mystery author have you never read?
Until next Thursday, happy reading,
Author the Max Strong thriller series