Back from a much needed break and trying to follow the advice of Atomic Habits author James Clear: “”Finishing projects is part of what it means to deliver high quality work. It’s not high quality if your perfectionism prevents you from finishing.”
Okay let’s get to it.
Here are 3 crime fiction links, 2 quotes, and 1 question for this week:
- At the NYT Book Review pod (from last week) S.A. Cosby talks about the environment and men that he grew up with that imbued Ike and Buddy Lee in Razorblade Tears.
- At CrimeReads, Alma Katsu and Owen Matthews talk spy fiction, writing about a field that’s largely known by the audience through television and movies, Russia, and historical settings.
- Novel Suspects hopscotches over the heroes and looks at the villains that defined certain thriller novels.
Two quotes from spy writing master John le Carre this week:
- ““A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world.”
- “Do you know what love is? I’ll tell you: it is whatever you can still betray.”
- What is your favorite Cold War spy thriller novel?
Until next Thursday, happy reading,
Author the Max Strong thriller series