I continue to put my butt in the chair and write on. It’s hard to fear a problem when you are making progress on it—even if progress is imperfect and slow. Word by word, day by day.
Here are 3 crime fiction links, 2 quotes, and 1 question for this week:
- Have you read it yet? Released over the summer, MEXICAN GOTHIC continues to pick up fans. NPR talks to the author about the setting, eugenics, and language. It’s also getting a big-time Hulu adaptation.
- If you’re a fan of detective flicks and feel like you’re scraping the bottom of the streaming barrel, Screen Rant has a list of 10 more obscure ones you might try. Good STRAY DOGS reminder.
- I always wanted McConaughey to reprise his role as Mickey Haller for more Lincoln lawyer flicks. Grisham is stumping for him to return to Jake Brigance.
Two quotes from the John Grisham books this week:
- “When witnesses concoct lies, they often miss the obvious.” ―
- “Privileged people don’t march and protest; their world is safe and clean and governed by laws designed to keep them happy.” ―
- What’s your current favorite film or TV show based on a mystery/thriller book?
Until next Thursday, happy reading,
Author the Max Strong thriller series